Sunday, November 23, 2008

First Blog Ever

Well this is the first blog I have ever written, so please forgive me if it's not in the right format or it's boring.

Guess I'll tell you a little about me and my family. I am the oldest of 5 children 3 are still living - my baby sister left us when she was just a month or so old I don't really remember much about her as I was so young when she went away. My only brother passed away unexpectedly this spring, it's hard to know I will never get to hug him or see that beautiful smile on his face again, and that feeling sometimes overwhelms me and I'm not sure how to move to the next step. He was and is a wonderful man, who loved with all his heart and soul! I have two sisters still living and I love them so much it's hard to express. My family lives up north and since I live in the south I miss out on so much, their children are growing up and I don't get to be part of it and that makes me sad. I miss my Family a lot and wish we all lived closer so I could take part in more of their everyday lives. I have a wonderful family - Mom, Sisters, Nieces and Nephews, Auntie's and Uncle's, Cousins -I love them all and they are a very big part of my life no matter how far apart we are. I also got lucky because I gained another mom and dad when I got married and since my family is all up north they are my lifeline I don't think I could live here if I didn't have them and they didn't include me in everything just like I am their daughter.

I'm a Yankee living in the South, which at times is a trip. My husband was born and raised in the South and he is still trying to teach me to speak southern....since I have picked up some of it now I sound really funny - northern accent with southern twang mixed in - Imagine that ya'll ! I do not have any "human" children as my children have four paws and are black, white, orange and fluffy - my 3 kitties - Asia, Corkie and Jitterbug - I think that we should get a tax credit for our four legged children as they can cost as much to raise as human children ! But the are my children and they provide me with love, joy and laughter ( trouble too !)

Well I guess that's enough for now .....and life goes on, will fill you in later.

1 comment:

Keilani said...

I love this! Now lets see some pics of your babies!