Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving weekend

Thanksgiving has come and gone for another year. Mine was rather busy, went to see a Mannheim Steamroller concert which was awesome - all I can say is no wonder they are the #1 Christmas show in the United States !!
Tuesday night I went to the Atlanta Airport to pick up our friend from the airport who was coming to spend the holiday with us - the airport was a NIGHTMARE, the lights went out in the airport and the parking lots so they weren't letting anyone park they just kept funneling us around the airport - no one telling us what was going on or what to do since we couldn't park anywhere ! I got to the airport exit at 8:45 and I finally got to park around 11:45, after driving around thru both terminals, back on the the interstate, off on another exit and then crawled my way in traffic back to the park-n- ride lot so I could take a shuttle to the terminal to find my friend ( her plane landed at 9:35 ). If they had just given us a little info when we got off the exit in the first place and tell us if you need to park - you should park in park - n - ride and take the shuttle I would have done that and saved myself a lot of aggravation and time ! Anyway picked her up and the rest of her visit was pretty uneventful, however very nice and relaxing. We went to mom and dad in laws for thanksgiving dinner and it was delicious !! We all ate to much and then needed a nap !! We also took her to our favorite Korean restaurant and then she and I hunted down the oriental store in town and got the stuff to make sushi rolls for dinner Saturday night - they were good and now I know how to make them myself so we can have them anytime !! We like sushi rolls !! We really didn't do anything but rest and visit while she was here, but it was good relaxing time for all of us. We are going to try to go to her house for the week after Christmas and since she lives in Florida there should be more to do there.
Now the holiday season has truly begun and I don't know if I really feel like doing the whole holiday thing, putting up the tree and decorating seems like more trouble and energy than I have - I miss my brother and keep thinking that this will be our first holiday season without him and that makes me not want to participate in the whole holiday thing. I miss my family too and with the airline prices the way they are I don't know when I'll get to go home and see them again. I talked with one of my sisters on Thanksgiving and that was nice, I hope she know how much I appreciate that and all the times we talk and knowing we can talk about anything and complain and grouch to each other and know it will never go any further and there is no judgement on either end and unconditional love. I tried to call my Mom and other sister, but got no answers and no phone calls back so I don't know what the deal is with that, I feel like we have lost something as a family and I don't know how or if we can get it back - That makes me extremely sad. Well that's enough for today. Just wanted to let you know what was going on in my world.....Have a great week, will write again soon.

No comments: