Well it's finally done - the Christmas season, I know I shouldn't feel that way but I'm not real good at all the hustle and bustle ! Normally I really enjoy the Christmas season, I'm normally one of those people who starts listening to Christmas music in July, but this year was different. So many things have changed in the last year. Jeremy passed away, our family feels out of touch with each other and I feel like I might as well be on the moon because I'm so far away I can't be part of anything and I can't make my family get together and discuss what is going on ... so this year I didn't enjoy the season at all - was just a lot of hustle and bustle and more trouble than it was worth. I didn't even put up our Christmas stockings this year or get any of my Christmas stuff out of the tote it's in. Not to say I didn't participate at all I got gifts for those I needed to get gifts for - I made Snuggies for some people and made a few cookies, but I didn't go all out this year. Maybe next year will be better.
I do have to say that the last couple weeks I have gotten some very nice "presents" I got to talk to some of my nephews ( one in particular who normally is to shy to talk to me ) and nieces, so that was really, really nice and I did enjoy that tremendously ! I also got a picture of some of the youngest nieces and nephews in an email picture, which was also very nice - it's nice to get to see how much they have grown in the past year.
It's the little ones who make you realize what the season is all about and that you can take enjoyment from the simple things like a little conversation with them. They don't let all the hub bub and stress of the season get to them - they just take it for what it is and enjoy it !!
The weather here in GA has been rainy, warm and cold and warm again. We went from mid 70's last week to a high of low 30's over the weekend and now back to 70's and raining again, I actually saw people in shorts and flip flops today it was that warm. This kind of weather certainly doesn't help anyone with allergies or sinus problem !
I will tell you about one silly thing that happened with one of my mischievous children ( kitties),I did put up a small 2 foot tree on a table and put a few decorations on it ans some candy canes. We went to my Mom and Dad in laws for Christmas day yesterday and we were gone most of the day - I really thought that I would find that little tree on the floor when I got home because the 2 boys have been standing on there back legs and checking it out since I put it up....any way I was very pleasantly surprised to find it still standing when we got home, BUT there was one candy cane in the middle of the floor broken in two with little teeth marks on it !~!
One of them ( most likely Jitterbug ) decided that he wanted to test out those Candy canes !! Although I don't think they likes it much cause no one has even been checking out the tree today ! :)
Not much else to say.....kinda boring.....anyway - Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and will have a safe and Happy New Year ! And best wishes for a wonderful coming year !
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Well, It's about time we heard from you!!! LOL.. I had to wait a whole month since the last one. I can just see Jitterbug licking that candy cane and saying"EWWWWW" I wish I would have been a fly on the wall. Keep posting!!!
Post a Comment