Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Another

Another....This post is named "another", because I had to go to another funeral yesterday, the 4Th loved one to pass. My husband grandfather passed on Saturday morning ...yes is was very ill and had been in the hospital since September so as things go and are said he is in a better place and no longer in pain, it's just the rest of that aren't. It's allot of grief to deal with in a short time. I did not know him for a very long time and I'm told he was a different person previous to having his first stroke which was years before I met him, but to me I think he may have been the funniest man I ever met, he wasn't silly, but he had the quickest wit and would come up with the silliest statement and say them with the straightest face even though you knew he wasn't being serious ! I remember one time we were all sitting around the table and they had just gotten one of those gadgets that lets you open jars by pressing down on the top - makes it easier to get things open when your hands don't work to well or you have arthritis, anyway they had just gotten one of them and he was telling us all about it then he said "it makes you want to go around and open every jar of peanut butter you can find !! " I thought we were all going to fall out of our chairs laughing - you have to realize this man was a very big man about 6'6" and 250 lbs so when you think about this big tall man going around and grabbing up every peanut butter jar he can find to open it with this jar opener, well it was just funny. Those are the things I will remember about this wonderful sweet funny man and he will be missed by all.
I certainly hope the coming year is better than the previous year, It seems like every time I was moving on to the next stage in my grief something would happen and I would be sent right back to the beginning and all those feeling again. I'm so very tired of feeling sad and depressed all the time so I'm hoping the New Year will be better and give us all time to deal with our grief and move on, not that we will ever get over the loss of our loved ones, just move on to were we aren't sad and depressed all the time and we can find some enjoyment in life again and begin to heal and enjoy those things in our lives that our loved ones want us to enjoy. And realize that they want us to Live and Love and Enjoy Life.
Sorry to be a downer, I will try to make this my last down on life blog.
Here is to the New Year - Lets all make a New Years Resolution to Live, Love and Enjoy life in the New Year !!

No comments: