Happy New Year !!!
Hope everyone had a fun and safe New Years Eve, we did not go out we stayed home and enjoyed the peacefulness and stayed safe. Watched the ball drop in New York, toasted the New Year with Champagne - I love champagne ( Ballatore Gran Spumante Blush ), shot off some fireworks and sparklers, big deal in the south for New Years as well as 4th of July of course it is much easier to enjoy that when there isn't 10 feet of snow to deal with !! We have decided not to go anywhere for New Years Day either, we are just staying home and enjoying some rest and relaxation. I'm cooking BBQ ribs, homemade cornbread, black eyes peas ( for luck ) and turnip greens ( for money ). Everything except the ribs are traditional food eaten in the south on New Years, being from the north I had not eaten them previously, but I have to say that I do enjoy all of them and have even learned to cook all of them ( and grits too ) properly. Wish me luck on the ribs, cause this is the first time I have cooked them in the oven !!
Now on two a second New Years tradition - Resolutions !! I'm going to write them down this year in this blog so I can look back at them and hopefully being able to see them will keep me on track and since you all are reading them too, maybe you can help keep me on track too !
1. To get my house organized and decluttered - I am so tired of all the stuff everywhere ! I guess included in this is for myself to become less of a pack rat, I need to learn to stop thinking "oh I can't get rid of this I might need it a month from now "
2. Be a Better Auntie !! I have a wonderful example of Auntie awesomeness and I would love to become an Auntie like that - I want to remember to send birthday cards and just special things for no reason, I want my nieces and nephews to know that I am always here for them no matter what and that they can call me for anything, I may be far away but that doesn't mean I can't be a big part of their lives and I them to know that and to get myself in gear and do it !
3. I'm not going to say lose weight, cause that just is a defeat from the beginning - I'm going to say to get myself in better shape, exercise and eating better as well as just treating myself better which will lead to better things ! I will exercise at least 3 times a week for 30 minutes to start with and work up to more !!
So I think those are good resolutions to work on for this year - all do able with a little effort and some help and encouragement !
I am praying for a better year and wish everyone alot of Health, Happiness, Joy and Love !
Remember "We don't know what tomorrow holds, so Live, Love and Enjoy today. Tell your Loved ones that they are Loved and Needed and stop worrying about tomorrow - if your worrying about tomorrow you can't enjoy today!
Happy New Year Everyone!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment