It started about 8:30 this morning and snowed until about 2:00 this afternoon and it's about 11:30 PM now and the snow is still on the ground - I would say that we got about 3 or 4 inches which doesn't sound like much to those living in MN, but for a state where it only snows once every 7 or 8 years it's alot. Schools and businesses are all opening late tomorrow, because these people don't have a clue how to drive on snow and ice. It rained before it started snowing and it was a very heavy wet snow so as it gets below 32 degrees tonight of course it's going to freeze. I'm glad I don't have to be anywhere tomorrow morning !! So my company from MN came all the way to Georgia just to see it snow !! It was weird too because yesterday morning we got up to thunderstorms and tornado warnings and the Tornado Sirens going off as tornadoes were sighted across the bridge in Phenix City AL .... then it got sunny and 78 degrees yesterday afternoon and today we wake up to snow !! That's the south for you !!!
Thursday I took my company to Providence Canyon in Georgia, which is called the Little Grand Canyon around here ...it really is pretty and different every time you go there. They were amazed and the weather was really nice. Took lots of pictures -- here are a few of them.
After the rain stopped yesterday we went downtown and I took them to the Riverwalk in Georgia and then across the bridge into Alabama. It was nice along the Chattahoochee River. We went to diner at Country's BBQ and had southern BBQ and they both fell in love with homemade southern banana pudding. "T" tasted my black eyed peas and my collard greens, she didn't care much for the peas but she did like the collards. Today we didn't brave the weather, just stayed in and watched TV and visited. Today I made them grits with breakfast and "T" thought they were really good with sugar and butter ( yes I know southerners are saying "GROSS", but in the north we eat our hot cereal with butter, sugar and milk. ) If it warms up tomorrow afternoon and drys out I think we may go to Pine Mountain to the Little Country Store and maybe over to Warm Springs to the Little White House. I also want to take them to the Springer Opera House Tour here in Columbus and to the Civil War Museum. They go back to MN Wednesday night so I hope it warms up again before they go, but then they keep saying it's going to be hard to go back to MN and finish out the winter after having a taste of spring.
Well guess that's about enough for now. I'll try to blog again before they go and add a few more pictures of things we do. Wish some others in MN were here to join us - I think we ALL would have had a GREAT time !! Maybe we should all plan on doing that sometimes soon - just all us girls - Girls only vacation together !! I miss you Sister !!
Hugs to All !
No comments:
Post a Comment