Well it's been a while since I posted so this will be a little of this and a little of that ....
My company has gone home, we had a good time exploring GA and trying out all things "southern".
We went to the Springer Opera house and totally enjoyed the tour - was fun and very interesting. We learned alot,but didn't see any GHOSTS ! Oh well "T" didn't want to see any so it's a good thing we didn't. We didn't make it to the museum, but we did spend a day shopping in Warm Springs and the little country store which was fun. I can't wait for more company to come visit me, hopefully it won't be another 3 years before I get more company !
The weather here was really nice last week, had a few 80 degree days and I grilled outside for the first time this year - just hotdogs, but they sure did taste good. It's been raining all weekend, but we still need the rain to replace the rain deficit we have had for the last couple years. Besides it clears out some of the pollen we have in the air at this time of the year...between the trees budding and the grass growing and everything else it really messes with those of us that have allergies and we litterly have layer of green pollen on everything at this time of the year. I had a green pollen stream running down my driveway when it started raining yesterday. YUCK !
BUT I guess I can live with the pollen so I don't have to deal with snow and cold for months and months!
Well lets see what else - oh yes my husband dislocated his shoulder last Sunday and we spent 6 hours in the ER - 4 of which was in the ER waiting room with people who were there for colds and coughs -- oh yes, my husband was sitting there with his shoulder obviously out of place ( you could actually see the ball of his arm wher his armpit was ) numb fingers and feeling like he was going to pass out with those people who were using the ER as the Dr. office because they had a cold and they wouldn't do anything when I told them he was going to pass out I was told - well we don't have a bed to put him in - " I said - so I'm suppose to let him pass out on the floor ?? " I was so mad I could have beat someone !! 6 hours in the ER and they charge people for this ?!? Anyway - once we got back to the actual ER everyone was really nice and caring - they put his shoulder back in place and since they had given him propfol so he wouldn't remember them doing it we had to wait an hour before we could leave. It was funny because the nurse he had ( male nurse ) said that when they gave him the propofol they were asking him questions and at one point they asked him where he was he told them "Minnesota ", when they asked him what was in Minnesota he said "snow !" The nurse laughed said it was funny when they we talking to him about "Minnesota". Anyway we have been to the orthopedic Dr. and had MRI done this week and will find out if he needs surgery on tuesday when we see the ortho Dr. with the MRI results. The MRI was another ordeal - 4 hours there too !! Hopefully he won't need surgery !
Well not much else going on right now, trying to get my laundry caught up and get my house cleaned up, but I don't have much energy. I wish there was a magic energy pill or better yet I wish I would win the lottery so I could hire someone to do all this for me !!! He...he...he.....
My husband has some Irish in him so I'm having my annual St. Patrick's Day party on Tuesday - Corned Beef and cabbage, Irish Soda Bread and Beer ( we don't do green beer ) usually Killian's or Guiness. Haven't decided what kind of dessert yet. We use to have a bunch of people over when we lived in Florida every St. Patty's day, but now it's usually just us and mom and dad in-law so if anyone wants to come join us let me know !! HE..HE...HE... I know, I know it's a long drive .....but my husband says my corned beef and cabbage is the best so it's worth the drive ! :)
Anyway - I wish I was close enough so I could have a bunch of people over again. I like the fellowship and fun !! I'll take a few picures to post if we have any people over for dinner.
Better go get those clothes folded, the dryer is shouting at me " the clothers are done, clothes are done !! "
Talk to all later....have a good day !!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Well, its about time you posted (I know, I am one to talk!) I am glad to hear you are ok.. tell your hubby I am sorry about his shoulder. I miss you alot& will call this week. Email me with a good time to call. Post some pics please! Love ya
Post a Comment