Saturday, September 19, 2009

Dishonesty and Stupidity.

I bet you are wondering about the name of this post....well let me just say that is what I am dealing with today. I have been working hard the last couple weekends to get ready for a garage sale I was having this weekend. I took yesterday (friday) off to start the sale and then had the sale today also. I had a excellent day yesterday and was having a real good day today ...until about 11:30 when I had several people all at the same time...during that time while in a conversion with one customer another shopper stole my money bag....yes all my money was in that bag ..the 100.00 worth of change I started with and all the money I had made over the last couple days, which was about 400.00 - 450.00 dollars total, $50.00 dollars of which belongs to a girl I work with because I had just sold her double stroller for her. I had just sold something and made change for someone, and had the bag on the table next to be ( I had been putting it in the paper bag behind me with other things on top of it previous to that, but since I had just made change and had other customers I had just set it next to me on the table...got into a conversation with the person on the left of me and the money bag disappeared off the table ...right next to me....of course I didn't notice it until everyone had left and sine my garage in the back I didn't see any of the cars of the people that were there....now several things are really bothering me about this...I just don't understand how someone could just decide to take someones hard earned money, cause if you have ever had a garage sale you know it's not easy, two - why did no one else who was there notice that someone was taking my money bag and say something....and three how could I be so stupid to not pay attention and to be so gullible to not even think that someone would just walk off with my money, If I had even thought about the fact that someone might do that I would have gotten a fanny pac or put my money in my pocket or something like that...I guess I just need to stop being so trusting and giving everyone the benefit of the doubt and expecting people to be honest. I have an idea who might have done it, but no way to prove it, nor would I even know how to find them since I don't know what kind of car they were driving. It just upsets me because I was having this garage sale to replace the money from my budget that I had used to purchase my plane ticket to go to the Fallen Firefighters Memorial Weekend where my brother is being honored. To me that was like stealing from a fallen hero...because I'm going there to honor his life and community service. I just wish I could tell the person who stole the money what they have done and I hope that they stole it because they needed to feed their children and save themselves from getting foreclosed on on kicked out of there home ...however if they needed money for one of those types of things they shouldn't have been at a garage sale if you ask me. Well ...my mother in law says...what goes around come back around ten fold...I hope they remember that and their conscience grates on them for what they have done for a long, long time. Sad thing is that I lost something more than just money today...I lost confidence in myself and I lost some of the "innocence" or maybe I have just been naive all this time...any way I learned a hard lesson concerning human nature today. I feel STUPID and this garage sale cost me $100.00 I didn't have to lose ( money I used to get change to make change for people), $50.00 that I now have to pay out of my pocket for a stroller I don't have and the money I spent for signs and sticker. I guess I should have just went to work today ... at least I would have made money instead of lost money. Sorry to be such a downer post...but I needed to share with someone and get this off my chest....Thanks for listening.

1 comment:

Keilani said...

Oh honey! I am so sorry! What a bunch of assholes... Excuse my french! Thats what this world has come to! I wish I could come there right now & kick some butt for you...It is even hard to forgive people anymore. As always, you are the one who is honest and works hard. You never ask for handouts, yet when our brother passes away, everything you do to honor him falls apart, and the meanest person in his life gets rewarded for it. Tam, don't let that person change you. I love you and am so proud of you. You have always been self sufficient and taken care of everyone else. No one could name a less selfish person than you... You are the best friend a sister could ask for, and the best role model also. I love you sooooooo much.