Sunday, February 8, 2009

Ever Notice ??

I'm just sitting watching the Grammy awards and I'm thinking ....
Have you ever noticed how your taste in things change as you grow in your life ?? For one thing my taste in music has changed .. when I was younger I was never one to listen to much Rock-n-Roll - KISS, Metallica so on so forth, but now I seem to even like some of that music. Mostly I find myself gravitating to music from people or groups like Coldplay, Sara Berellis, Duffy, Adele, I even like Katy Perry , Riahanna - I even like Kid Rock !! I still like country music, but I find myself listening to more different types of music now too.

I have noticed too that I like foods I didn't like when I was younger - cauliflower, broccoli ( still hate oysters and liver though YUCK !!). I'm willing to try different things even if they don't sound real good and much more adventurous in my cooking - what's the worse that can happen ?? It not good and you don't make it again or it's real, real bad and you throw it away and have peanut butter and Jelly sandwiches for supper ....big deal - try it you will enjoy the process and may find a real, real good recipes like I did the other day - I finally tried a recipes that I had in the recipe drawer for years ( probably 7 years ) - It's called Champagne Chicken ( yes it has Champagne in it, use a spumante and you actually enhances the taste of the chicken ) it was AWESOME and I wish I had tried it years ago, but realized the name of the recipe was intimidating me, turns out it's a very, very easy recipe with GREAT results and it's a good excuse to have Champagne more than once a year ! Which is great for me cause I like Champagne !

You know how when you were young you thought your grandparents were crazy when they watched the news all the time....well I catch myself doing that now or want to stay up long enough to see the weather for the next day. I find myself graviating towards hobbies like knitting and sewing and wish I had listened more and learned more when someone was trying to teach me. Does this mean I'm getting OLD or just becoming more aware of the life around me and more willing to explore and be comfortable with my choices ??

Maybe it's a little bit of everything or maybe just the realization that life is too short so just forget about what everyone else thinks and do what makes you comfortable and happy in life.

No comments: